ode to a friend
Current mood:
nostalgic
We met for the first time a little over a year ago. I said to myself "what could I possibly gain from this experience? Shes old and lazy and wont be able to teach me anything new." It took a few times to get used to one another, and then the bond started to florish more than I ever dreamed it could. My faith in my ability has been restored. In a short time, my strengths have multiplied and my knowledge quadruplied. I cant get away with crap and I learn something new everyday. Ive learned how to remain calm or else my butt will pay for it the next day. She is the best teacher a girl could have asked for in a lifetime, and someone was looking over me the day I was pushed her direction. We met once a long, long time ago and I always thought how pretty she was then. Shes still as pretty, only now I know her inside and out. It only adds to her beauty. In A Daze is her formal name, Daisy for short. She goes by many names out of my mouth, but friend is most suited for her. There are days when I wish she was younger or didnt have arthritis, but then she wouldnt be the horse she is right now. Just like human lives, horses experience everything for a reason as well. I love the Daisy Mae, my old lady. She fills my heart and makes me happy. Thank you Daisy for everything youve taught me. I hope to keep learning more and more from you untill the day you're ready to move on. 
No comments:
Post a Comment