Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I cannot remember who I wrote this to...11/13/07


ode to a little sister

Current mood:crushed
I would like to preface this blog with a few words before I dive in:
I write this out of pure love and concern. Sometimes the toughest words to hear are the ones that upset up the most, but usually b/c we know deep down inside its the truth. I spent many years of my life not understanding and not believing what Im about to write, so trust that Im speaking first hand.
*turns megaphone on to loudest setting* IT IS NEVER OK TO ALLOW SOMEONE TO TREAT YOU LIKE SHIT OR A PIECE OF PROPERTY!!! *turns off megaphone*.
Love is not someone taking out their bad day on you. Love is not someone telling you who and whom you cant talk to. Love is not someone buying you flowers one day and then turning around and yelling @ you for saying something they dont want to hear. And that doesnt even scratch the surface. The minute you allow someone to treat you this way is the first step you take away from really loving yourself. And how can you know this if you were never taught how to tell the difference? You can try to find others in your life that may be able to nudge, shove, whatever you in that direction. Its hard to hear and easy to ignore. But I will never say its ok even if you do. I will never accept that someone loves you when you tell me they treat you that way. But, regardless of anything, I will never turn my back on you. I will always be there to hold your hand when you are upset or hurt. And I will always be there to remind you that you deserve more and thats its ok to say no. I love you and I hope you someday can remember these words. Not that you will read this, but I need to get it off my chest. *hugs*

No comments: