Tuesday, October 4, 2011

March 27, 2008


my kids

Current mood:blessed
I assume this must be what its like, at least as close to as possible, to have children. Boomer cant remember his kitty mom, only Tom & I. He comes up to me this morning while I was drinking my coffee and tries to climb up with all of his might. I pick him up, put him down next to me, and he gets cozy watching things move on the computer screen. I get up to do something and come back, noticing hes at the other end of the couch. I laid down and saw him start to make his way towards me. He manages to get right up to my chest, puts his head down, and starts to purr. Cuddle time folks, boomy needs some momma lovins. We are his parents, we raised him from 2 weeks old. He knows no different and its comforting. The smile crosses his face and I melt.
Dexter "budso" Davis is the eternal child, relying on his big sis to clean and comfort him and ever jealous of his little brother. Starving for attention but not sure how to take it when it comes, he reminds us that with love anything is possible. Loves to play regardless of what it is. He smiles most when hes cuddled up as close as possible to one of us.
Princess Josie McNutterson Nuttyhead is my soul kitty. We are so bonded that it baffles me. I never thought Id bond with a female pet this way b/c in the past its only been males; Doc was the last and he broke my heart. Josie knows when Im going to cry before I do. She wont leave my side when Im sick or hurting, trying to mend me the best she can. She tries to make things right when Tom and I fight. She talks to me when Im lonely and she does tricks to make me smile. Shes as fiercely independent as I am, but relies on me as much as I do her. We are both nurterers and we both wear tough outer shells. Her soft, loving eyes warm me with just one look.

No comments: