Tuesday, February 12, 2008

saw some stars today

driving in ice and freezing rain is never a wise thing. I knew this going into my drive home that Id probably be experiencing some discomfort and tire spinning, however I didnt expect it to be so bad. I may lose my job, but my life is a tad more valuable to me right now.

Sorry this isnt very interesting as of yet, Ive worked 3 12hr shifts and 2 8hr shifts in the last 5 days and I have one last 12 to do (god willing the roads are clear @ 530AM). Im so tired I cant see straight right now. But I do want to post a poem I wrote this weekend on my myspace blog.

My heart is tired and worn and I have nothing left to lean on
Shell keeps moving, but tiny breaks are starting to show
No fight left anymore, just surrender
Strong hands let the pieces fall hard and fast, not able to stop them; weakness shines like a lighthouse through the fog
Smiles to protect the innocent, none able to see past the cracked, faded paint
When is it my turn to be revived?
Forgiveness is a hidden key few choose to find
Are you ready for the hunt?
I'll be waiting veiled in solitude,
surrounded by silence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, that's beautifully written. It creates such a strong visual image and each word is one to linger on. Really well done.

Meg